Wednesday 21 May 2014

5th May 2014



It's a new day! Gareth briefs us on our 'race' tactics, that's novel! Anyway, it seems the race will probably be called at the next ' line in the sea'. So The plan  is we sail as close to the shortest route, as fast as possible, 'that's novel'!

On watch from 6am to 12, it has been extremely hot but rewarding sailing. We have past invest Africa, PSP and Mission. All we can do now is fingers crossed for some wind which, has sadly died on us, the race may be lost yet!

Port watch have taken over, they have a hot afternoon in store.

A very large pod of dolphins were hunting around us this morning, really interesting to watch their tactics. They had bull noses with a pink lower lip, quite different from the others we have seen. A turtle floated past about an hour ago, all getting very normal around here!

The wildlife on the boat remains a constant!

My Helming is coming on. I passed my spinnaker Helming the other evening and had my first go at Helming to the apparent wind, which was very interesting, John said I did very well. Helming with the white sails has become quite natural, so funny to think how alien it all was.

As I am writing this the water is running, as in rivers off my body, it is truly unbearable, there is nowhere cool to go.

I am trying to eat again but the food is getting worse as all the fresh has pretty well gone. What a thankless task Lawrence has.

I so look forward to getting to Jamaica and seeing Russ, missing Franny and Elliot so much, I hope they are all well.

Speak soon

No comments:

Post a Comment