Wednesday 21 May 2014

29 April 2014



 Blog off the coast of Mexico

So much for my 2 day routine!! It is impossible to describe to you the heat and the sweat that has become the grind of daily life.
For some reason, yet to be understood, Gareth decided not to agree to the replacement of fans for below decks. The temp. Reaches he's 42* plus, consequently rest periods are anything but!!! Naturally he has a wall fan above his bunk!!

Today after pressure from me and doc John he put up a couple of small fans to move the stale, disgusting air around. Incredible how such a small thing can be so welcome.

 On a bright note, I have been Helming in some very difficult, light wind conditions and learning loads. This is a hell of a way to learn to sail.

On a bright front we are about 8/9th, unfortunately, due to our position/ course we find ourselves heading in the wrong direction. Don't ask me, I have no idea!!

Really too hot and tired to add more, I will try again soon


It's 9ish pm and I am about to wake the next watch. It is a sauna down here, beautiful on deck.

Another disaster, doc John discovered the chix in the bottom of the freezer was rotten, high as a kite! Anyway Lawrence had the whole lot out and it's a lottery if we survive the food. I had boiled carrots and an apple for my dinner!

Off the coast at Acapolco at the moment, we have good winds, unfortunately we are still heading in the wrong direction, ha ha got to laugh



No comments:

Post a Comment