Wednesday 21 May 2014

4th May 2014



I didn't have time yesterday to write about the Ray doing flips and the dolphin standing on his tail, the turtles and the sheer beauty of natural world here. It must be awesome below the surface.
I was on mother watch, I didn't eat for 24 hrs, the heat and humidity were beyond description. Keith, Shona, Margaret, Rob all sick!
I am trying to be brave but this adventure is a nightmare. We hit a storm and trying to prepare food  was excruciating.
I still can't eat, half a piece of bread and it's now 30hrs. Will I make it to NY? I really don't know. The sweat and heat is unbearable. 
I miss Russ and his gentle ways.
I miss Franny and Elliot really badly.
I am full of admiration for those who sail the ocean. This has been made so much more difficult by the lack of buying essential fans. We have no water in the heads, no hot water at all. I try to wash daily and am found lacking because of it.
I would swim home if I could!!

Ps I forgot to say I had nowhere to sleep last night, ended up on a bench in the galley. It's so hot  my sheet, me, everything drenched. I ache all over!

No comments:

Post a Comment