Wednesday 21 May 2014

23rd April 2014



Three things happened yesterday, non of which are related. First and most importantly I helmed with the C2 kite up....yippeee
Second, we tore 3 out of 3 Spinnakers....oooops, careless.
Third, my sea sickness has gone and I can function again, pure.magic.

An eventful 24hours. The saddest thing is that 7 squid landed on our deck and our not so kind leader put them in a bucket to use as fish bait. They died of course, deep cold water animals in a bucket on a hot deck!! Anyway, I suggested to Lawrence, our food guru, that he put them in the freezer otherwise no self respecting big fish is going to want to eat them as they would have past their 'sell by date' . I know it's amazing how legislation from  Brussels reaches us here, somewhere off the coast of Mexico.

Sea sickness. The most debilitating, disorientating, disproportionate, disgusting, disarming and diabolical illness I have ever endured! I am convinced the tablets made it worse. Headache, nausea, joint pain, webs of gold floating in front of my eyes and total exhaustion. I told the crew, ' if another powered ship comes by I am going to swim for it'. Oh and hot, you could have cooked dinner on my poor body!

That's it for now, more news after my birthday tomorrow, I'm on mother watch by the way!

And finally we saw a pod of dolphins last night with very small calves



No comments:

Post a Comment