Thursday 5 June 2014

Bobbing around

29th May 2014

It is Franny's birthday and I am here bobbing around in the Atlantic, 40* + and going nowhere. The crew had a vote and the decision was to retire. Gareth contacted other boats and they have contacted the race office. The decision will be  made at 01.00 hrs, which is 9 hrs from now. ETA New York under motor is 3rd, Franny leaves on the 2nd, I am so upset!

I have moved from my bunk next to the engine and generator, as the temperature reached 35*+. I have been on watch from 6am 'til 12.00, my rest time is 12.00 to 6pm, which is impossible in this heat. I am now sleeping in the sail locker where it is a cool 30*!!

There is water dripping off the ceiling in the galley where I am sitting writing this blog. My body is running with sweat. I am on watch at 6pm ' til 10 pm and have had no sleep in 16hrs. This isn't racing it is survival!

No comments:

Post a Comment