Thursday 10 July 2014

On Reflection, It's A Funny Thing!!!


It's A Funny Thing!!!

It's a funny thing! When I was on the boat the physical side of life was hard. Now I am off the boat the mental side of life is hard.

How do I explain what is inexplicable to me? On the boat all my focus was on sailing and keeping safe, keeping cool and hydrated, getting through my watch and into bed. 
Off the boat there seems to be a necessity to indulge oneself. Once you take away the need to 'survive' what are we left with other than self satisfaction. The need to fill the day with gratifying events, which can be food, drink, friends almost anything.
If the day is not full with these events life seems wasteful. And  if we take  Maslow's pyramid are we in actualisation and if so are we bored now the fight is over?  Having risen up the pyramid to a state where we don't need to worry  about survival what is left? 

This, of course, could just be the effect of retirement! Is life only being concerned about no longer having a purpose in life; the kids are gone, no job, no 'worries', nothing to strive for, Hmmm.... !!!

Or could it be because I am sitting in High Wycome Hospital Minor Injuries Unit with my mother waiting to see a doctor. We have been here for 2.30 hours, we did see a nurse 1.30 hours ago and she said we need to see the doctor, which is very reassuring!!  
Is life slipping by while I wait for mother to see a doctor? 

No comments:

Post a Comment