Monday 9 December 2013

The BIG plan.....is revealed!



Bwindi Impenetrable Rain Forst here I come!  

Armed with my vortex boots and gaiters to fend off the leeches, feet and Jungle lotion to ward off the mosquitoes and some impressive muscles bult up over the past few months training - I'm off to Uganda to see Silver Back Gorillas.

I know, this isn't sailing.  It is part of the BIG PLAN - to raise £10,000 for Dogs Trust and Prospect Hospice.

I shall be sending photos and blogs back from the trek, with all the joy and sadness that comes from seeing such beautiful, wonderful animals who are so close to extinction.  It is frightening.

I hope that during my short visit I may learn more and maybe, there is hope.

Watch this space for more updates on whats to come including my return, inevitably lots of photos, Leg 7 of the Clipper race, our Bath to Slough bike ride and many other events and antics to keep me busy and keep you donating!  Every little helps so please, if you can spare anything the dogs and those in the hospice would greatly appreciate it.



No comments:

Post a Comment